Green Gauge Trust’s mission is to mainstream the knowledge and skills needed for the delivery of low energy, low carbon buildings in the UK.
The Green Gauge Trust is a not-for-profit organisation with three principal aims:
- to expand the market for very low energy, low carbon buildings by communicating their value to clients, investors, the construction industry, and prospective and existing building users
- to promote robust standards and methodologies, and
- to deliver a range of high quality education and training materials to enable the delivery of sustainable buildings with excellent energy and carbon performance.
It achieves its aims by:
- promoting the need for a common language – that is simple, accurate and meaningful – amongst all those in the buildings cycle
- participating in national policy forums
- contributing to the strategy development and implementation of other organisations with national reach and linked objectives
- developing and promoting the green stripes training programme (see our separate website)
- Green Gauge Trust is working for a common language and understanding throughout the buildings cycle to unlock the opportunity available and deliver low energy sustainable buildings cost-effectively.